Brittany A. Buxton
- International Tax
- International Corporate Transactions
- General Corporate
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Brittany Buxton combines significant international experience with her transactional and contract law practice to bring valuable tax and corporate counsel to her clients. Brittany’s experience with multinational corporations, startups, private equity funds, and global member firms provide a solid foundation for guiding clients through the complexities of cross-border corporate and tax restructuring, corporate governance implementation and exposure risks.
Prior to returning to the practice of law, Brittany worked at a Big Four accounting firm, where she advised clients on the tax implications of acquisitions, reorganizations and post-acquisition integration. She also has experience with organizational design and change management consulting, providing strategy and advice to clients in post-merger or business acquisition scenarios.Licensed in California and New York, Brittany received her law degree and M.Phil degree from the University of Cambridge, UK. She also has an LL.M. degree in International Comparative Law from the University of San Diego School of Law and a B.A. from Wheaton College (Massachusetts).
Representative work includes:
- Represented a global software / patent company, providing general corporate services including corporate governance, Series D financing preparation, pre-IPO considerations, tax implications and counsel related to future global growth strategies.
- Represented multiple production companies within the entertainment industry, providing legal counsel on all corporate matters including corporate governance and contracts related to stock purchase, asset financing, employment agreements, and equity incentive plans.
- Represented US corporation pursuing a Japanese joint venture.
- Multiple representations of corporations related to cross border acquisitions and global restructurings.
- Structured outbound and inbound operations for multinational corporations and private equity funds to account for various tax implications.
- Led a team to execute the Foreign Bank Account Reporting (FBAR) filings for a global private equity fund.
Professional Memberships and Activities
- New York State Bar Association – Business Law and International Law Section
- State Bar of California – Business Law Section
- American Bar Association
- British American Business Council (BABC) – San Francisco
- LL.M., Comparative International Law, University of San Diego School of Law
- Graduate Law Merit Scholar
- B.A. Law, University of Cambridge
- Editor, Cambridge University Law Review
- Associate editor, Cambridge University Medical Law Journal
- Associate legal fellow, Centre for International Sustainable Law Development
- President, Cambridge University United Nations Association
- M.Phil, Environmental Policy, University of Cambridge
- B.A., Ecological Justice (minor French Studies), with honors, Wheaton College (MA)
Honors and Awards
Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholar (Cambridge University)
- Junior League of San Francisco – Community Impact / Partnerships Co-Chair; Nominating Leadership Selection Committee
- San Francisco Auxiliary of the Fine Arts Museums
- Cambridge Alumni of Northern California
- Moms Demand Action – Northern California
The Wing San Francisco; Metropolitan Club of San Francisco; Intermediate proficiency in French.